SciMed XRF is recruiting!
Field Service Support Engineer for Laboratory Equipment
SciMed is a highly regarded and long-established distributor of laboratory equipment throughout the UK and Ireland. Founded in 1979, SciMed has grown to a staff of 21 people, an annual turnover of nearly £7M and a product line that is supplied by 23 highly respected instrument manufacturers from across the globe. Throughout this growth SciMed has remained an owner-managed company and the management still remain at the forefront of both the sales process and day to day running of the company.
We are currently seeking a Service Support Engineer who will join the customer support team. The primary product range will be XRF and oils condition monitoring equipment. The role will also involve acting as a backup for other product ranges. The successful applicant will be based either at our Stockport facility just south of Manchester or at home in a location close to the main motorway network. As part of the role, travel to customers throughout the UK and Ireland will be required as well as occasional trips abroad for product training at manufacturer locations (mainly in the USA, Japan and Germany).
The role will involve installing the equipment as well as attending breakdown and maintenance visits. The hours are Monday to Friday.
It would be beneficial for the successful candidate to have experience at being a field service engineer in a similar field preferably involving spectroscopy. The desire to learn and develop an interest in other equipment supplied by the Company is essential.
£32,000-42,000 depending on qualifications and experience + discretionary bonus (up to 15% of basic salary depending on personal and company performance).
Car allowance + Pension+ BUPA
– Valid UK or European Driving licence
– Minimum 2 years’ experience as a field service engineer or laboratory technician experience
– Flexibility. We are a small team and expect everyone to be prepared to adapt to new circumstances
– Readiness to deal with instrument breakdowns, fault find and carry out necessary repair
Key result areas:
– become competent on the complete XRF product range offered by SCIMED
– Ability to install and commission new systems
– Ability to respond to a customer break down call and resolve the issue, using all relevant support structures
– Ability to learn other techniques as required
If you wish to apply, please forward your CV and covering letter by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Adam Rucklidge (Private and confidential), XRF Position, Scientific and Medical Products, Unit B4, Embankment business park, Stockport SK4 3GN
Closing date: as soon as suitable candidate is found